Thursday, March 19, 2009

Suzanne and Katrina....

wanted to answer your questions! Thanks everyone for your lovely comments on my two 'pet' projects!!

First of Suzanne, I purchased the pattern for Mary Allen from The Attic Needleworks in Ariz! I need to try and call the designer, I believe she is local there in AZ and try and find out if I can get some of these stocked at OOE! The designer's name is Samplers Remembered, and it is Village Square Sampler, Mary Allen 1818. Let me know if you have trouble locating a copy and I will work on getting some in stock!

Katrina, would love to give you my conversion for This Is The Day! I am flattered that you like it! Here goes:

GAST Pumpkin Pie ~ GAST Cidermill Brown, except for the sun, I used CC Finley Gold.
GAST Roasted Marshmallow ~ Bamboo (I had to go with a little lighter color, since my fabric is much lighter then the called for fabric.)
GAST Picnic Basket ~ Crescent Colours Cocoa Bean
GAST Tomato ~ Crescent Colours Red Currant
GAST Old Brick ~ Crescent Colours Wild Berries
CC Just Rust ~ Crescent Colours Wild Berries
CC Colonial Copper ~ Weeks Whiskey.
CC Camouflage ~ Crescent Colours Bean Sprout.
CC Black Coffee ~ Crescent Colours Blackbird.
Weeks Conch ~ I used a whiter variegated, something with a little lightish brown in it, but plenty of white to show up. I believe it is CC Bamboo or Toasted Marshmallow. Hard to say what will work for another, depending on fabric color choice, and dyelots!

Hope this isn't too confusing, Katrina and hope it helps some. Let me know if there are any other questions, good luck!

Jan

15 comments:

Katrina said...

Thank you so much! I love how yours looks :-). (((hugs)))

Deb said...

Thanks for the conversion. I've been drooling over your version since I first saw it.

Nicole said...

Hi Jan! Thanks for your comment on my blog. I just saw your conversion and it's beautiful! Thanks for posting it! :)

Suzanne said...

Thank you so much! I'm going to look for it, and if not, I may beg your help...

Paulette said...

Thank you soooo much, Jan!!!

Paulette

Siobhán said...

Love the new blog header pic, Jan!

The Scarlett House said...

Hello Jan, thank you for the visit(s)to my blog and for leaving the lovely comment. I have been enjoying your blog, and I need to get you added to my links.

Melissa said...

Hi Jan,

This is the first time I've visited your blog. I came via Nicole's and was interested in the floss conversion for This is The Day. I was about to start it then saw Nicole's blog which led me here. Thanks for showing the conversion. I was a bit uneasy about the original colours as well.

I will come back for a longer visit. What I've seen of your stitching so far is very impressive!

Dona said...

Thank you for the conversion, Jan! I love your choices and the piece is really beautiful.

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri ~ Boog) said...

Thanks for the conversion, Jan!!! Now this is going in my must do pile!

Gwen said...

Jan love the new projects. Thanks for putting the conversion on your blog. I never thought about doing this sampler until I saw yous. I have given you an award please visit my blog Bahamian Hideaway for the award and rules.
Gwen

woolwoman said...

Jsn - loved your new blog header photo - it's Ellen Birdseye isnt' it? I love that sampler and don't have it in my stash. Love your little basket - I presume it's a Longaberger - looks like one anyway LOL - Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving kind comments.

happy stitches Mel

Anonymous said...

Oops! I should have kept reading. I didn't see that you had already posted the conversion for "This is the Day" until I finished commenting on the previous post. Sorry! And thanks for sharing the info!!

Loraine said...

Such beautiful stitching! Thanks so much for the info. I am new to blogging to, but I am loving it as well. We have so much to learn from each other!
Thanks again for posting!

Deb said...

Hi, Jan! I came over from Nicole's blog. She's a good friend of mine. I'm interested in your conversion as well. I'm also a Christian, and know how you feel about the comforts of being a "keeper at home." That's such an old comfort for those of us who were raised in the day...and are grammies now! :) I'm enjoying visiting your blog.
Hugs, Deb